Shinkirou.net is a Grandpappy in "personal domain years", born on June 17, 2007. (Even I can literally not believe I've had this domain for almost a decade!) In its years it's been the home for many shrines, fanlistings, tcgs, and a variety of other nonsensical timesucks I sign myself up for.
The name “shinkirou” (蜃気楼) is Japanese for the word mirage. It's one of my favorite songs from my favorite artist, Nakjima Takui. You can read a translation of the song here. (Also check out his music if you get the chance, he is truly one of a kind and super underappreciated :D!)
Universal Bunny ♡Curious who runs this clown fiesta? Nice to meet you—I go by Aku! I have been going by that online since I was like 12 or something and unfortunately it's stuck. It is not a Samurai Jack reference, but we can pretend it is anyway. Here are a few useless facts about me!
- I work professionally as a designer, hence my love for hacking together websites. The only other things I'm good at are eating, video games and having a big mouth, none of which I've ever made a dollar off of.
- I've loved anime since I was a child and will probably be buried with my treasures when I die, because lord knows I'll need my Nendoroids in the afterlife. I'm partial to long-running Shounen Jump Titles, giant robots, and anything with uncomfortable doses of bromance. My favorites are HUNTERxHUNTER and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I'm also a die-hard fan of classic franchises like Dragon Ball, Gundam & Macross. I fell in love with Sakata Gintoki many years ago and I've never looked back.
- I was raised on video games. I play anything and everything, and I'm a Nintendo girl at heart. I love Japanese franchises like Shin Megami Tensei, Monster Hunter, Gyakuten Saiban & of course, Pokémon! I'm also 100% Overwatch trash and still dabble in League of Legends from time to time. (I am a tried and true TSM fan.)
- I love to draw and journal and keep a Hobonichi Techo that I enter in every single day! It's become my pride and joy this year.
- I love artsy films, morbid books, and the Japanese sengoku period. I have a penchant for all things cute and own a disgusting-sized Rilakkuma collection. I adore music of all sorts and have it blasting no matter what I'm doing.